Saturday, November 27, 2010

its...FINISHED

     I finished the Ellis baby dress on Thursday but have been sooooo busy since then that I haven't had time to post. The dress is beautiful and now I'm onto the rest of my Christmas gifts. I'm so relieved this dress is done, it seemed like the never ending project. But 3 balls of yarn and LOTS of time later this is the result.
My lovely Build-A-Bear rabbit is modeling the dress. Its really cool and I am very happy with it. I think Shane and his daughter will be too. My mom however, has probably had it with my procrastination. I was supposed to have this dress done FOREVER ago. Uuhg...I've just been so busy!

     I started my Christmas shopping today! After I got out of work I ran around like a crazy person buying little things, checking prices, comparing quality and crossing people off my list. I feel pretty good about today. I stuck to my budget and got some good deals. I can't disclose what exactly I bought yet for fear of prying eyes (yeah you J.B.) but trust me...its good stuff.

     My BFF is visiting from NYC and she went shopping with me. We found a giant lion face hat thing. Nikki took the liberty of modeling. For some reason Bon-Ton felt this was a Christmas item that belonged in the "home decor" section. Other than being a hat.....I think I'm missing the "Christmassy" attributes of this thing. Its cute tho.
     I have SOOOO much to do. School has been out (for Thanksgiving Break) for a week and I have  done nothing but work! My house is a flipping disaster area, I haven't done a smidgen of decorating and my poor boyfriend hasn't had a home cooked dinner since (since Thanksgiving actually...but were talking about me making dinner here!) god knows when. I am pretty certain my cats are feeling neglected as well.
This is Simba's neglected face.

So, with what little time I do have left tonight, I'm going to start cleaning this pig sty of a house.

-Merry Christmas!

P.S. OOOOH! We had snow today! I woke up this morning and there was snow on the ground!

No comments: