Monday, May 9, 2011

Birthday! Hooray!

Happy birthday to me! Yesterday was my 21st birthday. I had lots of fun with my parents and JB and my aunt. We all went out for drinks (I did not last very long). I bought myself the new white iphone as a present. Coolest thing ever. I just don't know how people lived before technology. Anyways, we'll get back to the important stuff. The squares! Last week was crazy and I'll admit I'm way behind on my Square-A-Day-in-May project. I'm working on the 3rd square now, Maggie's square, and I'm having a really tough time. My crochet skills have made serious progress and my technique is improving but I still struggling with some of the more complex stitches. The Xdc in Maggie's square is driving me crazy. It just won't work like it's supposed to!


This is the Amethyst square, the first square of may. I think I made 4 attempts before this one. I'm still not totally happy with it, but I have learned a lot.Wanna know a secret? Don't tell anyone. I forgot the last row on one side. I tied off too soon. >< Maybe I will come back to this one later.


Square 2, "Kata". I found this square to be much easier! By this pattern I was comfortable with the hdc and was establishing some good tension habits. The picture came out a little fuzzy but it was taken while dodging cats. They loved this yarn and can't get enough of this fabric.

2 down, 7 to go. I plan on playing some serious catch up this week.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Happy birthday!